On November 16th, 2018, Hawai’i 5210 Let’s Go! lead an activity for the 12th grade advisory class at Kaimuki High School with physical activity for health as a main focus.
Students engaged in meaningful discussions of the 5-2-1-0 message and why it is important for their health.
In order to help the students overcome barriers to physical activity, they learned the following helpful tips:
- Avoid making comparisons, take things one step at a time.
- Be consciousness of how your individual body responds.
- Avoid negative sources (people or social media), look for the positives of living a healthy life.
- Looks are not everything.
- No one magic bullet fixes everything.
- Have fun and enjoy the process.
To conclude the class, students were put through a 1-minute interval circuit of exercises that work not only their cardiovascular fitness but their mobility and strength.